This week my friend Dena Vick joins me to talk about what to do when things go wrong.
Dena is a Public Relations executive who owns an agency called King Eider Communications and works with some of the top fishing brands in the country on their Public Relations.
We talk about quite a few things today such as:
- What to do when you've publicly made a mistake
- Why we might want to avoid talking about politics
- How to decide whether you should post something that might be considered a rant
- How to handle a situation when you've done well in a tournament but weren't using your sponsors products
- How to gain confidence with speaking to the media
- What to do if you misspeak on stage
- How to make up for not mentioning someone important in an interview
- How to handle sponsor mentions so that you're not reading a laundry list of brands
This conversation is full of really helpful, actionable advice from someone who gets paid to work with brands for this same insight. Listen to this with an eye to the future in case you ever find yourself in a situation where things have gone wrong and you're just not sure what to do.
CONNECT WITH DENA